This event is postponed and will be rescheduled.
Local celebrities and their professional dance partners will square off at SiMT for a chance to win the coveted mirror ball trophy at the 10th annual dancing competition. The reception will begin at 6 p.m. and the competition at 7 p.m. Guests will enjoy food, beverages, fellowship and an opportunity to win a custom-designed jewelry piece donated by Lisa and Lex Matthews of Southern Jewelry Design.
After February 1, fans can vote online for their favorite couple(s) at DancingForOurFutureStarsOfFlorence.com for only $10 per vote. The “People’s Choice” mirror ball trophies will be awarded to the three couples raising the most votes. A panel of judges will name one couple “Technical Skills Winner” based on the contestants’ overall skills. One couple will also be chosen as “Most Entertaining” by the judges. Dancers receiving the largest number of online votes will be awarded the “Social Stars” trophy.
The School Foundation Board Member Ed Love and local celebrity Audra Coble will serve as master and mistress of ceremonies. The 2019 celebrities will perform the opening act, and the KFA Fierce team will provide special entertainment throughout the evening.
The Dancing For Our Future Stars dance couples are:
- Ashley Christenbury (First Bank) and Tripp Taylor
- Dan Massey (GE Healthcare) and Tiffany Welsh
- Dr. Brian Hutcheson (HopeHealth) and Meggie Baker
- Dr. Jarrod Tippins (The Pharmacy) and Hannah Yarborough
- Dr. Vivek Vasuki (Carolinas Centers for Sight, P.C.) and Erin Haynes
- Dr. Will Jackson (McLeod Health) and Dr. Rachel Fenters
- Greg Johnson (Florence 1 Schools) and Alexis McDonald
- Joshua Smalls (Otis Elevator) and Kara Tanner
- Keisha Johnson (Assurant) and Chris Mixon
- Kyle Baxter (MUSC Health Florence Medical Center) and Mallory Baxley
- Les Echols (Greater Florence Chamber of Commerce) and Caroline Tanner
- William Schofield (Carolina Supply House, Inc.) and Connie Mixon