The first S.C. Lineman’s Rodeo will take place March 15-16 at the Pee Dee Touchstone Energy Commerce City Park in Florence. Electric cooperative linemen from across SC will demonstrate their trade skills in a fun, friendly and competitive atmosphere. Competitions for both new and veteran lineworkers will include a “Hurtman Rescue” where climbers must scale a 40’ pole to rescue a simulated injured worker.
All events are open to the public and will take place at the Pee Dee Touchstone Energy Commerce City Park at the intersection of Interstate 95 and S.C. Hwy 327 in Florence.
Friday, March 15
- 12:45 p.m. – Written test. Apprentice linemen (those with less than 5 years experience) will test their electric safety knowledge.
- 5:30 p.m. – The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives hot air balloon offers tethered rides
Saturday, March 16
- 8:00 a.m. – Opening ceremony and flag raising
- 8:30 a.m. – Children’s area opens
- 8:30 a.m. – Competitions begin
- 10:15 a.m. – Live-line safety demonstration by Pike
- 1:15 p.m. – Live-line safety demonstration by Pike
- Competitions will run concurrently until early afternoon (awards ceremony follows end of all competitions).