Halloween is Back with Frightful Fun in Florence and the Pee Dee!
Halloween is returning with a flourish this year across the Pee Dee, bringing the spooks with family-friendly events such as Trick or Trunks or real scares at local haunted houses (fields, really)! We’ve rounded up the local Halloween-inspired events we’re aware of below and will add more as they pop up. The whole Pee Dee Region is included. The first section for one-time events is followed by a short second section for ongoing events. #HappyHaunting
- The Little Gym of Florence entertains with its Monster Mash Parent Survival Night at 6pm! This event features load of gym time plus dinner, and is intended for ages 5-12. The cost if $35 for members and $40 for non-members.
- Florence County Public Safety hosts a “Trunk or Treat” in the Florence County Complex parking lot at from 6pm to 8:30pm. This event provides an opportunity for children to interact with fire, law, EMS, and 911 personnel while collecting treats in a safe environment!
- The Assembly presents their 2021 Fall Fest featuring a family-oriented night of food, games and fun! Each child will receive a bag of candy.
- Glam Kouture offers a Halloween pop-up shop beginning at 6pm! Beverage tickets can be purchased for $10. Don’t forget your Halloween costume!
- Join Lynches River County Park for Pumpkin Painting! There are 2 sessions: 10-11:30am or 11:30am-1pm. Spots are limited and must be reserved and paid for in advance. Call 843-389-0550 to register. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- The Pee Dee State Farmers Market is hosting their Pee Dee Harvest Festival from 8am-8pm! This FREE event is open to the public and features children’s pumpkin painting, rides in the Little Red Fire Truck, cornhole, volleyball, balloon darts, bingo and other children’s game. Plus, there will be $1 fall treats such as apple cider and popcorn!
- Calvary Baptist Church presents their annual Trick or Trunk event from 6-7pm featuring loads of decorated cars and LOTS of candy!
- The City of Florence presents Lights on After School at 513 Barnes Street from 6-8pm! This is a national advocacy day where afterschool programs across the nation host events to celebrate their programs and increase awareness about the importance of afterschool. Costumes are encouraged and events include a variety of games such as ring toss, pumpkin fishing, cornhole and Connect 4, plus a trunk or treat. Admission is FREE!
- Join The Little Gym of Florence for their spooktacular Ghouls & Goblins Glow Party Parent Survival Night at 6pm! This event features load of gym time plus dinner, and is intended for ages 5-12. The cost if $35 for members and $40 for non-members. Space is limited!
- Florence Toyota presents their annual Drive Thru Trunk or Treat from 3-5pm at the dealership!
- Ebenezer Baptist Church hosts their annual Trunk or Treat from 4-6pm featuring fellowship, free hot dogs and loads of candy!
- Stop by Seminar Brewing for a Halloween Party! There’s a children’s costume contest and trick or treat station at 3pm, live music at 7pm and an adult costume contest at 8pm.
- Evening Shade Inc. & Sip Shine Customs presents their 1st Annual Trunk or Treat from 5-7pm. Bring the kids for candy and cool rides!
- The City Center Farmers Market Saturday from 9am-1pm has a Trunk or Treat where people are encouraged to wear costumes! Come out for the vendors and Halloween fun. The Florence County Library is hosting a “spooky” storybook reading. The first 30 people will be able to decorate a pumpkin to take home!
Southside Baptist Church has a Trunk or Treat
from 5-7pm with games, inflatables, snow cones, popcorn, cotton candy and more!
- The campus of Francis Marion University lights up for the 4th annual FM A’Glow Halloween event from 5-10pm. The free event features Halloween-themed displays decorated by FMU student groups and university departments. Attendees will be led on a drive through the campus. The first 100 cars of the night will receive a special FM A’ Glow-themed gift.
- Hallelujah Night at Family Worship Center is a fun-filled night designed for the entire family! This FREE event is open to the public from 6-8pm with carnival games, inflatables, a rock wall, hayride, food vendors, a petting zoo, and much more. Plus, kids go home with a bag full of candy!
- St. Luke Lutheran Church presents their Annual Trunk or Treat event at 5:30pm. The community is invited to stop by for Halloween candy!
- Non-scary Halloween costumes are encouraged at Abundant Life Church’s Harvest Festival! From 4-6pm kids can collect candy, play games and enjoy the bounce houses.
- Halle ”boo” jah at Compassion Church Florence features a trunk or treat, raffle, free food, inflatables and games from 6-8pm!
- Join the Little Gym of Florence for its Annual Boo Bash! There will be lots of tricks and treats for all, and the best costume will win a special prize! Cost is $10 members and $15 for non-members, and space is limited. There will be TWO Boo Bashes – one for all ages, and another for 10 months to 3 years old.
- The Gospel Temple Fall Festival features a trunk-or-treat, food, games, prizes, bounce houses, and more from 5-7pm!
- The Fall Festival at Lake Swamp Baptist Church features games, food, a hayride and trunk or treat from 5:30-8:30pm!
- Candy Palooza will load up kids’ buckets with candy at the Palmetto Street Church of God from 5-7pm in this drive-thru event, while supplies last. When you arrive, please enter their parking lot at the entrance with the balloons and exit by turning right only.
- Drop by Sip Co. Wine & Beer from 7-9pm for Halloween Trivia and the Vibyz Caribbean Food Truck.
- The Lake City Farmers Market is OPEN this Thursday from noon-6pm at The Bean Market for their last market of the year! Bring your kids to trick or treat with them (costumes encouraged!) and check out their awesome vendors!
- Moore Farms Botanical Garden presents Films at the Farm! Pull up your camp chair and snuggle under a blanket of stars for Haunted Mansion starting at 6:30pm! This truly unique outdoor movie experience that only asks for a donation of canned goods.
- From 5-7pm families can drive through the Lake City Community Hospital for trick or treating!
- Sip Co. Wine & Beer dares to scare with a Halloween Party featuring The Gnosh Pit Food Truck, a costume contest, drink specials and candy from 6-10pm!
- Join “DJ Strawberry Love” at Green Frog Social House’s Halloween Party from 7-11pm for music, great food, drink specials and a costume contest! First place wins a $50 gift card and runner-up wins a $25 gift card, both to Green Frog Social House.
- Lake City presents Creepy Crawl Thru the City, a drive-thru trick or treat event from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Golf carts are permitted!
- The City of Hartsville’s Burry Park will be taken over by mummies, bats, princesses, pirates, ghosts, and superheroes walking through the park to find treats from 5:30-7:00pm at Treats on the Green! Stay for the Hocus Pocus Costume Contest and Strut Your Mutt Dog Costume Contest at 6:30pm, followed by a screening of Hocus Pocus at 7pm.
- The Annual FallFest at First Baptist Church takes place between 6-8pm and is intended for all ages. The community is invited to join in a cake walk, go trick or treating, play games and enjoy a hot dog dinner!
- Stop by Dominion Church for their 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat Fall Festival for a night of fun, food and games from 7-9pm! There will be inflatables for the little ones, carnival style games and plenty of food.
- The Darlington Area Recreation Department and the Darlington Downtown Revitalization Association (DDRA) will offer children a downtown Trick-or-Treat experience from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Public Square in Darlington. Employees of area businesses will be handing out treats to costumed children, and some will be dressed in costumes themselves. The event is free!
- Enjoy an evening full of spooky shenanigans in Downtown Hartsville with its Zombie Crawl, a pub crawl around Downtown Hartsville with many participating restaurants and businesses. Bands will be set up all over Downtown pumping out tunes. Visit any participating business to purchase tickets that are $45 and available in limited numbers! Participants will be guided around Downtown Hartsville in groups. Food will be available at participating locations and from vendors on East Carolina Avenue.
- The Trunk or Treat and Fall Festival at Kelleytown Baptist Church includes hayrides, inflatables, Kona Ice, food, giveaways, D’s Mini Donuts and more from 5-8pm!
- The Trunk or Treat and Harvest Festival at Mechanicsville Baptist Church features loads of candy, food, inflatable slides, games, a firetruck, a police car, the High Hill Baptist Snow Cone Truck and more from 6-8pm!
- Mt Elon Baptist Church presents their annual Fall Festival in Lydia from 5-7:30pm! There will be inflatables, food, games, a trunk or treat, balloon artist, face painting, and loads of candy.
- Cheraw’s Halloween Drive-Thru begins at 4pm and features local businesses and organizations passing out loads of candy! Costumes are encouraged, and don’t forget to bring a candy bag.
- The Marlboro Chamber of Commerce presents a screening of Hocus Pocus at 7pm! Stop by early for a costume contest (5:30pm), food trucks and free popcorn.
- Stop by the Marian Wright Edelman Public Library for their Fall Festival featuring food trucks, craft vendors, music, fun for kids and much more between 10am and 3pm!
- Join Amazing Grace Park as businesses and local organizations set up on their walking trail to hand out candy for their first Trick or Treat Trail. Kids are encouraged to come dressed up. Trick or treat begins at 6:30pm and ends at 7:30pm. Afterwards, there’s Halloween movie night in the park. Families are invited to bring their blankets and chairs for a special screening at 7:30pm.
Ongoing (end-date mentioned if there is one)
- The City of Florence Recreation Services Division is hosting its 2nd Annual Halloween Pumpkin Contest. Pumpkins can be decorated or carved. Submit entries by emailing a photo, submitting a text, or messaging Facebook (the event is linked above as well), or bring the pumpkin to any of the community centers by 7pm October 25.
- McLeod Farms has a corn maze, u-pick pumpkin patch, wagon rides, corn pit, apple cider, pumpkin rolls and more! Come experience fall on the farm this year. Corn Maze & U-Pick Pumpkins: $10-ages 10 & up; $8-ages 3-9; free-ages 2 and under (prices do not include pumpkins). U-Pick Pumpkin Patch Only: $2-ages 2 and up (prices do not include pumpkins)
- Kreepy Hollow Haunted Attraction is at 1155 Joe Dority Rd in Bishopville, the attraction is regular admission for $25. Fast Pass admission is $40. Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout their attractions for convenience.
- Fletcher’s Farm is located on 150 acres of rolling hills and green pastures in Hartsville. Admission to their annual Ghost Town and Haunted Trail includes a bus ride, walking trail, several houses, a maze and more!
- Shadows of the Past: A Historical Walking Tour, Downtown Darlington through Oct. 27 is from 9-10:45pm from the Darlington County Historical Commission & Museum. Welcome to a candlelight walking tour designed to give participants an opportunity to step back in time and see images of our past, including “secrets of fire and mayhem”.
The Hartsville Museum presents its Annual Darkside Tour
of Hartsville. Join a historian from the Museum for a spooky walking tour of Downtown Hartsville to learn about some of Hartsville’s “lost” locations and history. Each tour is about two hours and is suitable for any age at a parent’s discretion. Parking will be available at First Baptist Church and Hartsville Museum. The cost is $25 per person.