Off the Beaten Path
Have you already explored the cities? There is plenty to discover in the outskirts of Florence and Lake City.
- Coward is the home of Lynches River County Park – a great place for birding, archery, kayaking, and river fishing.
- Johnsonville is the place for Revolutionary War buffs – check out Venter’s Landing, or rent a kayak from Swamp Fox Kayak and Canoe Rental to check out Rev War sites.
- Olanta has an unusual Carolina Bay that is wet year round. Check out Woods Bay State Natural Area.
- Pamplico is the home of the annual Cypress Festival in September.
- Scranton is THE place for lunch – check out Scranton Cafe and Schoolhouse BBQ. You’ll also find River Rats Kayak and Canoe Rental in Scranton, along the Lynches River.
- Timmonsville has two exceptional farm stops – Ovis Hill and Little Fruit Farm
Darlington Car Hauler Parade and Festival Zooms Back Aug. 30 The heat is on, which means the 2018 Darlington Car ...
The Florence Center Introduces the Greater Pee Dee State Fair The lineup of scheduled entertainment for the Greater Pee Dee ...
World Tournament of Horseshoes Lands at Florence Center July 9-21 Horseshoe tossing isn’t just for festivals, family barbecues and halftime ...