Off the Beaten Path
Have you already explored the cities? There is plenty to discover in the outskirts of Florence and Lake City.
- Coward is the home of Lynches River County Park – a great place for birding, archery, kayaking, and river fishing.
- Johnsonville is the place for Revolutionary War buffs – check out Venter’s Landing, or rent a kayak from Swamp Fox Kayak and Canoe Rental to check out Rev War sites.
- Olanta has an unusual Carolina Bay that is wet year round. Check out Woods Bay State Natural Area.
- Pamplico is the home of the annual Cypress Festival in September.
- Scranton is THE place for lunch – check out Scranton Cafe and Schoolhouse BBQ. You’ll also find River Rats Kayak and Canoe Rental in Scranton, along the Lynches River.
- Timmonsville has two exceptional farm stops – Ovis Hill and Little Fruit Farm