Wholly Smokin’ Warm Goat Cheese Salad
- 1/3 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese
- 1/3 C chopped pecans
- mixed spring greens (enough to fill a salad bowl)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 C red onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 dozen pecan halves
- oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- To make the cheese crisp, place Parmesan cheese on a silpat (on a baking sheet), and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool before removing from sheet.
- Form the softened goat cheese into a patty, and coat in chopped pecans. Chill for one hour.
- Arrange greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and pecan halves in a salad bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet on low heat. Warm goat cheese patty in skillet on low for 2 minutes on each side.
- Top salad with goat cheese, followed by cheese crisp. Pair with dressing of choice (raspberry vinaigrette is recommended).